Several online courses teach ways of making money online by starting your own ecommerce or dropshipping business. However, many of them will not help you make money or record success with your ecommerce business. Owning a successful business depends on several factors.
For example, it helps to learn about the dropshipping business and how to scale one. The eCom Success Academy course by Adrian Morrison (the brother of Anthony Morrison) is one study material that can help you learn about this business model and run a successful online store. But should you buy it?
What about Adrian Morrison scam claims, and is Adrian Morrison legit? These are some of the questions most eCom Success Academy reviews try to answer. So, in this eCom Success Academy review 2022, we answered all these questions after trying out the course material to see if it is worth the hype.
What Is “The eCom Success Academy”?
The eCom Success Academy training course is exactly what is in the title: a dropshipping course that teaches you how to make money online with Shopify. You learn strategies like picking a profitable niche, creating ads, utilizing social media, project management, and scaling your store. It’s one of the few dropshipping courses that is a Shopify-approved education partner, and buying the course gives you access to the Sizzle product sniper software.
Who Is Adrian Morrison?
Adrian Morrison is an online business personality. He’s best known for “Success TV” and “Adrian Profit Power Hour,” two online channels that upload business content. Known for being a social media expert, Adrian has produced various courses and written multiple books about entrepreneurship and digital marketing. He’s even featured inside Shopify to help new customers guide their platform.
How Much Does the eCom Success Academy Cost?
The eCom Success Academy relaunches yearly with a price tag of $2,495. You also have the option of three payments of $997, totaling $2,991 for the payment plan. The older versions of the course aren’t (officially) sold by Adrian Morrison, as he updates the course every year and keeps the same price. While it’s the same eCom success training course essentially, he adds minor content updates as trends change and moves.
Overall, you get the following:
- Ecom Success Academy Access
- Access to “Over the Shoulder Training”
- Profit Power Hour
- Closed-door weekly webinars hosted by Adrian Morrison himself.
- Product sniper software access.
- ART Licensing
- Art licensing blueprint training, a short course on how to make money licensing digital artwork.
- Adrian Morrison’s Top 4 Selling Products
- Inside look at the exact campaigns Morrison uses.
- eCom Email Domination Course
- Additional bonus course on utilizing emails to increase profit.
- 15% Shopify Discount.
It’s important to note that there are no refunds for this course. Unlike many other courses, Adrian does not offer any money-back guarantee. Also, there is no training for Google ads.
“eCom Success Academy – This product has a NO REFUND policy. All sales are final.” -Launch Wise, LLC Refund Policy.
The Success Academy’s Breakdown
The dropshipping course is broken down into a portal, giving you access to all the modules. It allows you to learn at your own pace, giving you the flexibility to take the course regarding where you are at with your ecom store. The course is broken down into modules on different systems.
- Shopify (40 Lessons): Adrian Morrison lets you in on everything about Shopify setup, from setting up your store and Shopify apps to product configuration and online marketing.
- Sourcing Products (12 Lessons): Adrian explains the products to choose and the logistics behind any fulfillment on-demand service.
- Facebook (63 Lessons): In this module, Adrian Morrison uncovers the ins and outs of Facebook marketing, with lessons teaching you how to use both paid and free traffic to drive visitors to your website.
- Email Marketing (8 Lessons): Adrian Morrison lets in on how to utilize email marketing to convert one-time buyers into lifelong customers to have a profitable business.
- Build your A-Team (7 Lessons): Adrian Morrison hands down lessons on building a team of people to automate and scale your business.
- Project Management (4 Lessons): Adrian gives you additional training on designing and executing tasks to have your a-team deliver efficiently.
- Long-term Exit Plan (2 Lessons): This module teaches you how to sell your Shopify store.
Shopify is one of the main things you will learn in this course. Morrison thoroughly reviews Shopify, teaching you about setting up a Shopify store. The course covers everything you need to know about Shopify: promotional sales, applications, page structure, etc. Morrison shows you all you need to get started as a beginner.
The Shopify part is split into eight subsections:
- Shopify store setup
- Promotion Strategies
- Your Sales Page
- Building Your Brand
- Shopify App Arsenal
- Shopify Quickstart
Pick your winning products as Adrian guides you through the hundreds of options. This section teaches you the best products to sell and how to set up your orders. Adrian goes through various platforms, so you get a good feel for each, allowing you to pick the one you are most comfortable with.
Sourcing products are broken down into the following subsections:
- Vendor Feedback
- Best Selling Products
- Finding the Best Vendors
- Dropshipping Template
- Negotiating Prices
- Fulfillment Services
- Unique Products
- Sourcing to Scale
- $1 Fulfillment
The Facebook section contains the most out of any other section. With 63 lessons, Adrian teaches you the ins and outs of Facebook advertising (paid ads).
This section covers Adrian Morrison’s personal strategies for Facebook marketing, some of which are considered “unconventional.” You learn everything you need to know about maximizing your chances for success: finding your target audience, keyword selection, a/b testing, and even more advanced strategies to scale your ads to the next level.
The Facebook section includes the following subsections:
- Marketing Setup
- Facebook bidding
- Facebook Fan Pages
- Facebook Ad Types
- Ad Objectives
- Facebook Ads Training
- Facebook Ad Targeting
- Advanced Targeting
- Facebook Audiences
- Facebook Pixel
- Writing an Ad
- Facebook Ad Bidding Strategy
- Ads Kill or Scale
- Facebook Group
- Advanced Split testing
- Facebook Quick Start
Email is the key to converting one-time buyers into life-long customers. Therefore, an email list is among the most vital assets to a business. In this section, Morrison teaches you how to utilize email as a way to get a foundation of followers for your brand. It doesn’t dive into any advanced strategies; rather, it merely covers the basics.
The course covers the following:
- Setting Up Mailchimp
- Email Templates
- Free & Retail Offer Promos
- Mailing Non-Clickers or Openers
- 3-Day Pro Formula
Building Your A-Team
Running your business can be hectic, especially as a one-man operation. Adrian covers how to build your “A-Team,” a select group of people that can automate various parts of your business. This part only applies to those with income and work coming in. It’s not something that you need to think about as you start out. However, Adrian does a very good job explaining the benefits and use of automation, something that most courses do not.
He teaches you how to hire freelancers to cover the following:
- Product Management
- Product Research
- Customer Service
- Social Media Management
Long-Term Exit Plan
Adrian is among the very few that teach you how to exit a business. Although it’s a very short section (only two lessons), the information is important. He teaches you ways that you can sell your business to move on to the next venture. Even if you choose to keep running it, it’s good information to know.
The two lessons covered are:
- Profit & Loss Formula
- Assets That Add Value
Adrian Morrison’s Course Quality
The course has great production. Most of it will be screen recordings or tutorials from Adrian himself. It’s shot with professional audio recordings and has a nice backdrop. It is definitely levels ahead of the iPhone videos you’ll see with most courses.
Who Is eCom Success Academy For?
This course has a wide variety of topics, ranging from beginner to advanced. The course is designed for beginners, but everyone can get value from it in some way. Adrian does an amazing job balancing his teachings to provide useful information for both new and experienced dropshippers. Although you will get more value from it if you start out, you’ll still get some great knowledge from other topics, like automation or selling your business.
Does Adrian Morrison Deliver?
Adrian Morrison’s eCom Success Academy is one of the best dropshipping courses available. It’s the reason Shopify named it one of its official education partners. This means that Shopify’s legal department audited and went through Adrian’s course (a process that took one year) and deemed it in line with Shopify’s system and values. And for a good reason: it’s a thorough course.
It gives you a very strong understanding of the two most important platforms: Shopify & Facebook. These modules cover both basic and advanced topics, like pixel conversion or ad retargeting. Adrian shows extensive knowledge of both platforms and doesn’t hold back any knowledge or keep his “secrets” in another course. eCom Academy comes with hours upon hours of content. It’s not your typical course that you can fly by in an hour.
eCom Success Academy Alternatives
The main topics that Adrian Morrison covers have detailed explanations. However, you can find much cheaper alternatives to eCom Success Academy if you break down the topics:
- 10 Dropshipping Strategies (Udemy): This course is much stronger on the supplier side of dropshipping. This course delves into those platforms if you need further information about Alibaba or Oberlo.
- How to Build a Profitable Ecommerce Website (Udemy): If you’re looking for a broad course like eCom Academy, this is it. It does focus more on SEO than eCom, as it covers Google Adwords and Retailmenot.
- Shopify Platform (LinkedIn Learning): If you already understand the basic idea of dropshipping and are looking for tutorials on Shopify itself, consider a Linkedin Learning subscription. It comes with access to hundreds of different courses as well.
TIP: The best way to learn dropshipping if you are new is to stay active in the dropshipping community. It’ll help guide you and educate you on any changes or new strategies. You can learn some great insider tips that you can’t from courses. For example, Reddit user u/aminmo tells readers of r/dropship:
“Don’t cheap out with your suppliers on AliExpress: I did that a few days ago because the supplier had a ‘cheaper’ price, but it ended up biting me in the end. Because even though the supplier’s product page said they ship with ePacket, they ended up shipping all of my orders through China Post. So I had to take a loss on that and ship out all the items again using a different supplier with ePacket.”
It’s a smart idea to join any ecommerce or dropshipping communities to learn from others’ mistakes, just as u/aminmo explains.
Is eCom Success Academy Worth the Money?
This one’s for you to decide. $2,500 (or $3,000) is a lot of money and is vital in terms of startup capital. If you have little experience with online retail or dropshipping, you’ll get more value out of this course than someone who knows nothing. However, if you are serious about starting a dropshipping store, consider the following:
- There are significantly cheaper alternatives (see below)
- $2,500 can buy you:
- 222,000-580,000 Instagram impressions
- 50,000 Facebook Clicks (assuming your CPC is .05)
- About 25 Instagram shoutouts from pages with over 900k followers.
- About 2 months of professional advertising management with a digital marketing agency.
While Adrian does a great job of explaining all parts of dropshipping, it’s important to note that to be successful with his course, you must spend a lot of money on Facebook ads before seeing any customers.
The money you pay for the course could generate a consistent revenue stream (if done properly). You have to ask yourself: do I find more value in a marketing surplus or in this course? The question isn’t rhetorical, it’s just an idea to think about what your money could be put towards.
Our Final Verdict
Is eCom Success Academy legit?
eCom Success Academy is a legit course. It’s a Shopify-approved course that comes with hours upon hours of content. It’s better than any dropshipping course available. However, it is an expensive course; with diligence, you could replicate it by stringing together various courses (as mentioned). However, since most courses will charge around $1,000 for a quarter of the value eCom Success Academy has, Adrian’s course is the best dropshipping course available.
- What Is “The eCom Success Academy”?
- Who Is Adrian Morrison?
- How Much Does the eCom Success Academy Cost?
- The Success Academy’s Breakdown
- Adrian Morrison’s Course Quality
- Who Is eCom Success Academy For?
- Does Adrian Morrison Deliver?
- eCom Success Academy Alternatives
- Is eCom Success Academy Worth the Money?
- Our Final Verdict